For a future without poverty
Tel: 020 7392 2953
Macmillan Benefits Advice
When you or someone close to you has been diagnosed with cancer, money might not be the first thing you think about. Our service is here to help you deal with the financial impact of cancer.
Do you need help with the cost of cancer?
Toynbee Hall and Macmillan Cancer Support are working together to provide free welfare benefits advice to people who have a diagnosis of cancer. This service is available to people who live in:
- The London Borough of Tower Hamlets
- The London Borough of Newham
- The London Borough of Hackney
- The Square Mile of The City of London.
- Or are patients of St Bartholomew's, Newham University, Whipps Cross, Royal London and Homerton Hospitals
We can advise on:
- What benefits and tax credits are available and help you to apply for them
- Accessing charitable grants
- Health costs, such as travelling to hosiptal for treatment
- Household and fuel costs
- Applying for transport concessions, such as a disabled parking badge
We can also give basic advice on problems such as debt, employment or housing, and signpost you to specialist advisers if required.
Our specialist advisers give free, confidential and impartial advice by phone Monday to Thursday, 12:30-3:30pm. Call us on 020 739 22958.
If you would prefer to speak to someone face-to-face, appointments are available at St Bartholomew’s, Newham University and Whipps Cross, Royal London and Homerton Hospitals. These are one-to-one sessions for in and outpatients of both hospitals.
How to access the Macmillan Toynbee Hall Welfare Rights service
Ask your cancer nurse, specialist or doctor to refer you to us.
Alternatively, call our helpline 020 7392 2958 (Monday to Thursday, 12:30-3:30pm)
Our advice services