City Advice provides free impartial advice to people who live, work or study in the City of London on housing. We can help people with renting problems such as deposits, repairs, landlord disputes and evictions, and we can help with housing related benefits, energy, homelessness and more.
Help with cost of living
You may be eligible for…
• Cold weather payments – £25 extra a week if you’re getting certain benefits is available during the winter when the temperature is zero or below for more than seven days.
• Warm Home discount of approx. £150 – new scheme details not yet announced
• Winter fuel payment- In the winter months pensioners can get between £100 and £300 to help pay heating bills.
• £150 energy rebate for those in council tax bands A-D
• £326 ‘Cost of Living Payment’ for people on certain benefits
• £324 promise of a second cost of living payment for people on certain benefits
• £150 for people in receipt of certain disability benefits
• £300 extra for those eligible for winter fuel payments- paid on top of the usual amount
From 1 October 2022 a typical household won’t pay more than £2500 a year for gas and electricity – for 2 years. If you use more you will pay more.
For more information or to see what support you might be entitled to, call 0207 392 2919 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete the online form
Fill out tthis form and one of our advisors will get back to you