For a future without poverty
Tel: 020 7392 2953
How our debt advice works
We know that debt comes in all shapes and sizes and that everyone’s situation is different. That’s why our free debt advice takes a personal approach to each individual case.
What to Expect
Here’s a step-by-step guide of what to expect when you contact Toynbee Hall for debt advice:
1. A trained support worker will do an brief initial assessment over the phone
Through this we will establish the nature and urgency of your debt.
2. We’ll book you in for a face-to-face appointment or a telephone advice session if required
This is an essential part of the process and it allows us to give you a detailed analysis of the help available. We will need you to bring all the relevant documents relating to your debt, these could include:
- Correspondence relating to the debt such as bills and bailiffs demands
- Proof of income
- Proof of id
- A list of your daily living expenses. If you don’t have a list, we can help you to create one.
3. We'll discuss your options and talk through the pro’s and con’s of each
The options available to you will depend on your personal circumstances and will be tailored to your specific situation.
4. Once we have established the appropriate solution we can support you to resolve the debt
This could include advocacy, representation and negotiation on your behalf with creditors, or it could be assisting you with letter writing and offering ongoing support throughout the debt resolution process.
Every year, we help thousands to become debt free.
How we've helped others
Read some of our case studies to see how we have helped others and call us today on 020 7392 2953 to find out how we can help you.
Try our top 10 self help tips: 10 steps to sorting out your debt
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.