Housing, Consumer and Debt
These sessions are by appointment only.
To book an appointment, please drop in to our Advice Centre on Monday – Friday between 10am – 4pm (closed between 1pm-2pm).
Dealing exclusively with tenants in the public sector and private sector, this session deals with all Landlord and Tenant issues, including:
- Council house provision
- Fitness for habitation
We also advise on consumer rights issues, including disputes with banks, issurance companies, phone and utility companies, traders and service providers, faulty goods, fraud – bank accounts, identity fraud.
We also provide debt advice at this session.
What do I need to bring with me at the session?
- Tenancy agreement, letter from your landlord – if you are renting- or mortgage details – if you have a mortgage
- Any court papers
- Title deeds – if you own your home
- Lease – if you are a long leaseholder
- Proof of your income – wage slips, benefit letters, taxt credits
- Full details of the goods or services causing the issue
- Court documents or legal agreements
- Proof of your income – wage slips, benefit letters, tax credits
- Copy of divorce papers
Debt and money problems
- Details of your income – wage slips, benefit letters, tax credits
- Bank statement – latest copy
- Details of those you owe money to and how much – latest statements and demands for payments
- Copy of the original loan agreements
- Copy of any court papers
- Details of your household expenditure: how much you spend on food, transport, phone, energy bills etc…
- Copy of the latest correspondence you have received – e. g: letters from bailiffs
Please note: if you cannot bring copies with you, we might be able to print them for you at the free legal advice centre
For more support
Please call us on 020 7392 2978