For a future without poverty
Tel: 020 7392 2953
Older people's services
We have moved. Our new address is: Toynbee Hall, The Community Centre, 52 Old Castle Street, London, E1 7AJ
Toynbee Hall offers support services to anyone aged 50+ living in Tower Hamlets or the City of London (Square Mile). The Wellbeing Centre at Toynbee Hall is a friendly place to meet and access our services.
The Lunch Club is open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10am-4pm. We've been awarded a gold Food For Health award by the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, in recognition of the healthy food we serve. As well as a healthy lunch, the Lunch Club is a place for people to meet and take part in activities - from sport events to tea dances, and from reflexology to reminiscence.
We can also provide one-to-one support at the Lunch Club, helping you to access advice and health services if you need them.
Please note that a small charge may apply to the Lunch Club. To find out more please email Agnes.Arowosegbe@toynbeehall.org.uk
Activities through LinkAge Plus
If you’re aged 50+ and you live in Tower Hamlets, you can use also use our free LinkAge Plus service. LinkAge Plus provides free:
- One-to-one support for people aged 50+ across Tower Hamlets
- Advice on housing, benefits, pensions and legal issues
- Activities. These include Keep Fit classes, coffee mornings, men’s groups, social trips
- Classes. These include art classes, computer classes and creative writing classes
- Health information and massage
- Information about local services and help accessing them
- Outreach workers who can work with you in your home or somewhere else of your choice and support you to live safely and independently
- Support on a wide range of issues, from access to social care services and carer’s support, to advice on health, mobility and access.
Or you can phone us on 020 7392 2914 or email email@example.com.
Support through City 50+
If you live in the City of London (the Square Mile), you can use our free City50+ service. Our Outreach worker can help you with a wide range of issues, and provide specialist advice and support.
Call us on 020 7392 2987 Wednesday to Friday 10am-4pm, or email firstname.lastname@example.org